Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

First purchase for Sprout...

4w6d..........


We had our rummage today, so while it was slow and my MIL was here my mom and I decided to venture down to the rummage further down the block because they seemed to have lots of baby stuff out in the lawn. They had a Chicco car seat with 2 bases for only $50.... It was a great buy and the same brand as the car seat and stroller we will eventually purchase. My mom was too slow and some other lady snatched it up.... Bummer. I was more interested in the crib they had for sale. I looked at cribs when we were pregnant the first time and I just couldn't find anything reasonably priced that I liked and that didn't look cheap. I have a black bookshelf that I am going to use in the nursery and put some baskets on the shelves for blankets, toys, diapers, etc. I don't want to do all black furniture, so I wanted to do a white distressed crib, dresser/changing table and rocker. all the cribs I found that didn't look totally cheap were $400-500. They had a crib that was solid wood and originally cost about $400 new and they were selling it for $140! It is really sturdy, but is pretty beat up after using it with 2 kids. I wouldn't have even thought about buying it because it is in pretty rough shape, but I know a guy who refinishes furniture. He said it would be easy to refinish with a white distressed finish and he'd only ask $100 to do it... So I will pretty much have a brand-new crib when he's done with it! Now I need to find a dresser/changing table. I would love to find a used matching dresser so he could refinish that at the same time, but that might be a bit difficult. I think I am going to go antiquing next week to see if I could find a unique dresser and have him refinish it with the same finish and then get some cool knobs. This should be a fun adventure!!

I was so excited to purchase the crib, but it made me very nervous to plan ahead that far... I have a huge fear of jinxing it. It felt surreal to be purchasing a crib for a baby that I haven't even seen yet. I do feel so much calmer and at ease during this pregnancy, so I hope that is a great sign!

After I purchased the crib, I thought to myself, "What if there is more than one little sprout in my tummy..... I'd need another crib?!". Hmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment