Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Much needed relaxation = MIA!

First of all... I want to thank all of you who commented on my last post and showed your support.  Your kind words and supportive comments touched me more deeply than you will ever know.  I appreciate you all.........

7w5d..........

It has been a week since our first ultrasound and our world was completely flipped upside down!  After our ultrasound last week, my hubby left with my dad for a week long fishing trip and I went up to our lake cabin with my mom to get some much needed relaxation.  I think we both needed some time to let everything sink in.  As a result, I haven't blogged in a week! 

There isn't much to catch you up on.  I have been feeling pretty good overall... much better than I could be feeling.  I've been pretty nauseous in the mornings, which is usually cured with something to eat.  However, I've also been really nauseous at night and don't sleep very well, which contributes to my total exhaustion.  I rarely miss an afternoon nap.  I have found that I am less nauseous in the evenings if I take a nap.  I missed my nap a couple times and I am so tired by the time I get to go to bed that I can't sleep.  I'm still having huge aversions to chunks of meat (chicken breasts, pork loin, hamburger, etc) and vegetables.  I'm frustrated with that because I feel like I'm not eating as healthy as I should be.  The doctors just told me to eat what makes me feel good and be sure to take my prenatals and the extra folic acid.  Sadly, I've been craving toaster strudels, fruit loops, PB&J, apples, grapes, pickles, yogurt, crackers/cheese.... I guess that is what I craved today..... tomorrow could be totally different!  I can only do as well as my tummy will let me!

We have our next ultrasound appointment on Thursday with our maternal-fetal medicine OB (high-risk OB).  We will be 8weeks along.  I am so anxious to have another ultrasound and see how everything is doing.  It will be a relief to finally get to talk to the doctor about all of our questions, concerns, risks, and options.  I am so nervous to hear our options and make decisions, but I know we need to do what is best for my health and the health of the entire pregnancy.  I just dread that decision...

This is a crazy journey, but it is our story....

No comments:

Post a Comment