Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Starting to get some answers... kind of?!

Loving that I have the day off today, but not so thrilled that I had to spend the morning at the RE's office.  I called the on-call RE yesterday to let them know I was in a crapton of pain and she told me to take some ibuprofen and the nurse would call me in the morning to get me in.  My lifesaver nurse, Jess, called me right away at 7 this morning and was able to get me scheduled at 10:30... it was the longest 3 1/2 hours of my life! 

Got to the RE's office and they started with an ultrasound.  U/S showed that my lining was starting to break down so I should be having a period.  They didn't see any clotting or pooling, which means the blood is flowing out my fallopian tubes?!?!  Nobody seemed real concerned about this.  I loved the u/s tech today, she always tells me what I'm looking at and what she is looking for/seeing.  She looked at my ovaries and they looked great... lots of little follicles and one dominant follicle that looked like it was getting ready for next month.  So there is some good news!

I met with the RE's PA (physician's assistant) after the u/s and she gave me a couple options...
#1:  Start medical treatment this month - clomid, trigger shot, etc and see what the month brings
#2:  Hysteroscopy with laparoscopy to look at the uterus and abdomen to physically see what is going on

Tough decision... I can't even fathom "wasting" another month just to end up in the same place, but the thought of spending more money makes me physically sick to my stomach.  I had to go with my gut instinct and told them I wanted to go forward with the surgery so I know there isn't anything wrong.  Sometimes you can't put a price on a piece of mind!  I talked with the nurse before I left and she definitely agreed with my decision. 

I had some bloodwork and a urine analysis done before I left the clinic today.  The nurse was going to call as soon as she got the results and talked with the RE about what we talked about today.  She should be calling in the next couple hours......

More coming soon...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment