Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Hope is restored!

Today is CD16.  I went in for my follow-up u/s appt after 4 days of Menopur.... I have 9 follicles... YIKES!!!!   It seems to be all or nothing with us.  My lining thickened from 3mm to 8.9, which is great!  On to the ovaries - I have 5 follicles on the right side... 17, 16, 16, 15, 15mm and 4 follicles on the left side... 14, 14, 12, 10mm.  I have 3 follicles that will release eggs for sure, but it is VERY possible that my ovaries could release all 5 from the right ovary and it could happen that I release the 2 eggs from the larger follicles on the left as well.  A mature follicle is anything over 18mm and they grow about 1-2mm a day. I just got my last Menopur injection last night, so she is expecting them to grow about another 2mm by tomorrow. Then, I get the HCG trigger tomorrow morning, so she is expecting that they will grow about another 2mm by the time ovualtion actually occurs.... so they could all possibly grow another 4mm prior to ovulation?!?! That would give me follicles that are 21 20, 20, 19, 19, 18, 18, 15, 14 ...    That could make 7 follicles over 18mm!  It scares me a bit because we are increasing our chances of multiples.  Multiples seems crazy... We can't seem to get one to work... How the heck are we going to get more than one??? So, we are just going to worry about getting one egg fertilized and will have to deal with the multiples if that somehow happens!  I am hoping that I release many of the egs... the more targets the better!!   It is crazy how fast hope can be renewed in the current cycle. I'm feeling good about this cycle again....

I should ovulate on Wednesday evening, so I can test on the last day of this month... only 17 days left! UGH!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of follies!! All you need is one... good luck!!!
    Juice

    ReplyDelete