Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

CD2........ Cycle #14.... here we go again!

I'm still coming to terms with the disappointment with another failed cycle.  My hubby and I went out for a margarita today... just because we can! 

I had my baseline u/s today... 15 follicles in each ovary this month.  They increased my dose of femara to 7.5mg/day, so I can only imagine how this is going to go!  I've apologized to my hubby in advance.  They have me scheduled for my follow-up u/s next Tuesday on CD10 to measure the mature follicles.  We are crossing our fingers for more than one mature follicle this month... and crossing them hard =)  Then we will do the HCG trigger shot when the follicles (hopefully) are mature, time intercourse and then come the awesome progesterone suppositories.  As I'm typing this, I can't believe all of the stuff I'm putting myself through. 

I talked with the RE's PA, nurse and patient representative today about our options if these cycles continue to fail.  I got the financial info on IUI and IVF procedures so we know the various options.  Since morphology is our biggest barrier, our chances with IUI are about the same as what we are doing now with medicated cycles and timed intercourse.  There are plenty of little swimmers getting there, but it is kind of like a square peg in a round hole... it just doesn't fit.  The nurse and I died laughing at the visualization of them all just trying to fertilize the egg... tails wagging and frantically trying to get in!  That must be so frustrating and disappointing for them!! HA!!  Anyway, after looking at the financials, we have decided that IVF would probably be the next step.    I'm such a planner, so just knowing that we have another option is very calming.  I am very optimistic that we will be able to get pregnant solely doing medicated cycles.  It might take us a couple tries, but I think this will work.  I just don't want to try so long and have so many failed cycles that it starts to do irrepairable damage to our relationship.  I'm glad summer is right around the corner and I have more flexibility with my schedule so so we can spend long weekends at the lake, go golfing, take road trips, etc... bring some fun and life back into our relationship so we don't lose ourselves along this journey.  We love each other so much and we know this will happen for us someday soon. 

I start the Femara tomorrow, so I'll keep you all posted on how amazing I start to feel =)  

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to give you information on a wonderful website for support. Check out www.fertilethoughts.com

    It has a large forum with great women for support. I wish you the best and I've been keeping you in my thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete