Our little miracles...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's official.... CD1 of Cycle 13

AF came to visit this morning with a vengeance. I don't know what her problem is, but she sucks!! On the upside, I am having a period...

Talked to the RE's nurse today and she was a bit concerned that my cycle was only 21 days. I'm ready to get moving on this baby train, so we decided to start Letrozole (Femara) with this cycle to ensure I am ovulating and give the little swimmers an extra target (if I can get 2 mature follicles). I have my baseline u/s on Friday and then will start the meds on day 3-7. They will monitor the follicles closely and will give me an HCG trigger shot when the follicles are mature. The trigger shot will trigger ovulation so we can closely time our BDing... Which will take a lot of the guessing, and stress, out of the equation. However, hubby was supposed to be out of town next weekend on a hunting trip and he's unfortunately going to have to reschedule because we are both basically on call. He's really good about it, but it is a bit depressing to have to putnurnlives on hold for that week. I guess, there isn't any way around it at this point. After the meds, countless u/s, trigger shot and the BDing... It is the typical 2WW!!! Busy month ahead!

So as scary as it sounds... We have officially started fertility treatments. It is a big step, but I think we are ready for it. Fingers crossed for a successful cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment